BAT CARE GUIDELINES
- Ensure that your bat is properly knocked in and prepared before use.
- Use only refined RAW Linseed oil or TCS Bat Wax to “oil” your bat. Do not over oil – once in four months should be fine.
- Make sure your bat is clean before use by wiping with damp cloth to remove loose dirt.
- Store your bat in a bat sleeve when not in use.
- Ensure the grip is in good condition to protect handle bindings. Repair handle bindings immediately when loose.
- Ensure toe guard is in good condition to avoid moisture ingress.
- Fit your bat with good quality scuff cover and fibreglass mesh edge tape.
- Inspect your bat regularly for hair line and edge cracks. Consult TCS staff if required.
- Place bat in humid environment like bathroom for 24 hours at least once per month to ensure wood moisture content remains above 12%.
- Service your bat at least once every four months or at the start of new season.
Have a look at some of our bat care accessories